BIO X4 is a “softgel” capsule-type supplement produced by Nucific. The company is based in California, USA, appears to conduct its business in a reputable manner, and has the confidence to back its products with a money back guarantee.
According to the sales page, BIO X4 can deliver a number of benefits:
- Provides appetite suppression
- Encourages weight loss
- Promotes bowel regularity
- Supports the immune system
- Optimizes digestion
- Energises and revitalises the body “from the inside out”.
Nucific say all of the above is made possible by the use of four proprietary blends, one of which contains 4 billion healthy (probiotic) bacteria.
What is Nucific BIO X4 and How Does it Work?
The marketing material suggests Nucific consider the presence of probiotic bacteria to be the product’s main selling point. Probiotic bacteria are naturally-occurring in the stomach and are considered beneficial for the health—hence the popularity of probiotic yoghurt. Probiotic bacteria is also often touted to be good for encouraging weight loss. However, although the value of probiotics is not to be denied, many of the claims made are unproven.
Nucific BIO X4 also contains digestive enzymes and, like probiotics, they are naturally present in the body and can even be found in saliva. These enzymes break down food and make the nutrients it contains more easy to absorb. In theory taking supplements that provide extra enzymes may improve the digestion, but it seems probable that the body will manufacture a sufficient amount to complete the digestive process.
The third proprietary blend is designed to encourage weight loss and the fourth to provide appetite suppression, but each one contains only one ingredient so “blend” is an overly grand title.
Each Nucific BIO X4 capsule provides:
Probiotic Blend (4 Billion Bacteria)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus blend (L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. planterum): Lactobacillus acidophilus can be found in a number of different body areas including the mouth, intestines, and female sex organs. It is believed capable of boosting lipid metabolism, but further study is required.
- Bifidobacterium blend (B. lactis, B. animalis): A probiotic bacterium that can be obtained from human breast milk and certain dairy products. It is believed to be capable of soothing digestive disorders and easing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but, once again, further study is much to be desired.
Digestive Enzyme Blend (88mg)
- Amylase: An enzyme that is naturally occurring in human saliva. The body uses amylase to break down carb-rich foods such as rice, pasta, and potatoes. The presence of amylase in the blend is unlikely to encourage weight loss. It is more probable that it will encourage weight gain because it will help provide the body with extra calories. Amylase is the same enzyme carb blocking supplements are designed to target because if its activity is suppressed (rather than improved) carbs cannot be digested so efficiently and pass through the body without releasing all of their calories.
- Bromelain: An enzyme that can be obtained from pineapple. Some clinical evidence suggests bromelain may be good for reducing inflammation and any associated pain.
- Lipase: A digestive enzyme that is manufactured by the pancreas. People who have certain medical conditions (crohns disease for example) may not produce a sufficient amount of lipase. This may lead to weight gain because lipase assists with the breakdown and transportation of fats.
Weight Management Blend
- Green Tea (100mg): The health benefits associated with green tea are many and varied, but it has obviously been added because of it proven abilities as a weight loss enhancer. Scientific study shows the the catechins and polyphenols in green tea can increase energy expenditure and fat burning for up to 24 hours.
Craving Control Blend
- Caralluma Fimbriata (166mg): An ingredient taken from a succulent plant. A study conducted in India suggests caralluma fimbriata can provide appetite suppression, but the test subjects were given 1g per day. Dieters who use Nucific BIO X4 in the recommended way will only get 498 mg of caralluma fimbriata per day.
We could not find any customer feedback for this product.
Side Effects & Health Issues
Nucific says BIO X4 has no known side effects and points out the capsules are gluten and allergen free. However, side effects can never be completely ruled out with any brand of supplement; so pregnant or nursing mothers should not use Nucific BIO X4 or any other supplement that has not been recommended by their doctor. The same advice is applicable to people who have existing health issues and to anyone who is using medication.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
BIO X4 is only available from the Nucific website. A bottle of Nucific BIO X4 contains 90 capsules and should last 30 days when used according to the recommended guidelines. The price for a single bottle is $49 (£34), but it is also possible to buy 3 bottles for $129 (£89), or 6 bottles for $240 (£166).
Nucific provide customers with a 90-day “no questions asked” money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Nucific BIO X4 may be effective for weight loss because it contains green tea and it’s a proven fat burner. Although the dose is probably insufficient for good results, it is possible the presence of caralluma fimbriata may provide some degree of appetite suppression as well but, as far as weight loss goes, the value of probiotics and digestive enzymes is disputable. Their inclusion may deliver some of the other benefits the product is designed to provide.
Unfortunately, the presence of amylase may also encourage weight gain, so the value of Nucific BIO X4 as a weight loss aid is hard to judge and the lack of customer feedback only makes things worse. However, anyone who is willing to take a gamble on the product should be able to pull their money back via the guarantee if the results are not what they hoped.
Recommended Diet Pill
Our preferred diet pill is PhenQ – an excellent formula that contains pharmacy quality but natural ingredients.
PhenQ can burn fat , block fat and suppress appetite.
What impresses us about PhenQ is that the manufacturers are prepared to give a 60 day money back guarantee and offer free delivery anywhere in the world.