Carb Ease Plus is a carb blocking product from the USA. The company headquarters is based in Texas, but the popularity of its direct marketing “business opportunity” means AdvoCare distributors can be found all over the North America. The AdvoCare opportunity does not appear to available here in the UK though, so British dieters who are looking for a good carb blocking product, and want to find out if Carb Ease Plus is as good as AdvoCare claim it is, will probably have to rely on the few AdvoCare distributors who are peddling their wares on eBay and willing to ship to the UK.
Carb Ease Plus Pros and Cons
|The Pros||The Cons|
|· Contains proven ingredients
· Good results are probable
· Positive comments from past customers
· Side effects are not likely
|· No UK based suppliers
· Postal charges can be expensive
· Lack of a money back guarantee
Advertised Benefits & Selling Points
- Reduces the absorption and breakdown of fats and carbohydrates
- Helps maintain normal blood glucose levels
- Decreases the negative effects that result from eating too many carbs
- Provides support for your body composition
The Carb Blocking Process
Foods that are rich in carbohydrates (potatoes, rice, bread, fruit etc.) provide the body with most of the energy it requires each day and 1g of carbohydrate contains 4 calories so a high carb diet can quickly result in weight gain. It stands to reason then, that reducing carbohydrate intakes can be an effective way of preventing further weight gains and getting rid of the results of past indulgences. Carb blockers achieve this by preventing carbohydrates from bonding with an important enzyme (alpha amylase) that makes their digestion possible. Any carbs that cannot be digested are unable to release their calories, so it is easy to understand why such a process can have a favourable effect on the waistline.
The Carb Ease Plus blend contains just three ingredients, all of which are trade mark protected blends.
Each (2 capsule) dose of Carb Ease Plus contains:
- Phase 2 White Kidney Bean Extract (500mg)
- ID-alG (400mg)
- Svetol (200mg)
- Svetol is a popular fat burning ingredient that utilizes the metabolism-boosting powers of green coffee beans. It has proven abilities and can be found in many weight loss products. Some studies show green coffee bean extract can also be useful for controlling glucose levels.
- Phase 2 is a white kidney bean extract-provider, and numerous studies support the many claims made for white kidney bean’s carb blocking abilities. In one 30-day study, conducted at the Cosmetic Research Centre (Università Cattolica di Roma, Italy), researchers gave overweight volunteers 445 mg doses of white kidney bean extract each day and allowed them to continue eating carb-rich foods. By the end of the study period the volunteers who received the supplement had lost significantly more weight than the volunteers in the placebo group.
- ID-alG is also a carb blocker, but most of the ID-alG trials were carried out on rats, so its value as a carb blocker for humans is not sufficiently proven. It does offer other benefits though. ID-alG is made from a species of seaweed that is known to be good iodine provider. Iodine deficiency can effect thyroid function and lead to a sluggish metabolism, so the inclusion of ID-alG should ensure the weight loss process is not impaired by thyroid problems.
A few customers gripe about the price, but on the whole customer feedback is very good.
Side effects are unlikely, but cannot be ruled out. Svetol contains a small amount of caffeine, so people who are overly sensitive to caffeine may experience jitters or nausea etc. The other two ingredients are not likely to cause any direct problems, but the presence of partially digested carbohydrates in the intestines may cause a little discomfort or wind.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should consult their GP before taking any brand of dietary supplement. The same advice is applicable to people who have existing health problems or are taking any form of medication.
How to Buy Carb Ease Plus
eBay appears to be the only option for customers living in the UK. Several US-based distributors have active listings on eBay UK, but postal charges can be expensive. Expect to pay around £19 – £21 for each bottle of pills, and then up to £28 for postage, but don’t expect a money back guarantee.
We have our preferred list of diet pills that have been compiled from the best fat burners, fat binders, fat blockers and appetite suppressants.